Orkney Dory 424
The Orkney Dory really is a timeless classic. Now offered in three different versions Tender, Sport and Custom. Orkney Dorys are used by Harbour and River Authorities, Police, Rescue Organisations, Sailing Clubs and many other commercial users.Our wealth of experience in dealing with these applications ensure that our boats are tough, durable and supremely seaworthy.
The time proven Dory hull design is renowned for superior stability, outstanding handling and shallow draft combined with huge reserves of built in foam buoyancy for ultimate safety. Constant development over the years means that today's models also feature more "V" in the forward sections and "raked back" sponsors for a smoother, drier ride.
Ski boat, work boat, rescue launch or a boat for just pure uncomplicated fun, the Orkney Dory will fit the bill to perfection.
TENDER All 424 models have the following items as standard equipment:
- Stainless steel bow eye
- Stainless steel bow and stern mooring cleats
- Inner and outer transom plates with alloy capping
- Heavy duty fendering with stainless steel end caps
- Quick release transom drain
- GRP thwarts
- Forward seat locker with hinged lid
- Suitable for tiller steered long shaft outboard engines up to 20hp
SPORT In addition to Tender model specification:
- GRP side mounted steering console & full width helmsmans seat (in lieu of standard thwarts)
- Hinged GRP seat lid & spilt backrest incorporating fuel tank, battery and kit stowage within
- Stainless steel steering wheel with mechanical through pivot steering
- Suitable for long shaft outboard engines up to 50hp
CUSTOM In addition to Sport model specification:
- Wrap around stainless steel grab handle on console
- Stainless steel side rails
- Detachable upholstery on forward and helmsmans seat with upholstered backrest cushions.
- Easy to tow, easy to launch, easy to recover
- Great performance
- Plenty of space on open plan deck
- Great stability at rest and at speed for a smooth and dry ride
- Big reserves of built in integral buoyancy
- Tough, Durable & Supremely seaworthy
- Popular with Harbour/River authorities, Rescue organisations & Sailing clubs